Randstad Engineering are currently recruiting for a Platform Engineer to work with a prestigious world leading car manufacturer based in the Midlands. Please see below for more details regarding this role.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
* Business Planning:
* Manage 5 year commodity strategy & get relevant new technologies to implementation ready within agreed Function budget, resource & timing.
* Create engineering guideline documents and archetypes for platform and non-platform engineered components.
* Work with application engineer & Product Cost Estimating to set platform commodity programme financial targets based on improved archetypes & strategic suppliers.
* Define to application engineer resource requirements (internal & external) for platform commodities.
* Ensure platform commodities achieve the programme's cascaded system level targets, supporting Concept reviews as required.
* Deliver the programme QCWFT (quality, cost, weight, function and timing) requirements to the application engineer. TDC
* Ensure that the commodity meets the Function plan (with the component suppliers), creating & managing recovery plans as required. Includes releasing platform components (BoM, tooling launch).
* Monitor internal & external resource utilisation to identify potential efficiency improvements for the next programme.
* Create & manage the platform commodity's virtual & physical DV plan.
* Ensures effective report writing to identify potential efficiency improvements for the next programme.
* Ensure that all platform concerns are robustly resolved & provide technical support for application concerns.
* Complete FESO documentation for platform commodities
Qualifications & Experience
* Engineering Degree or equivalent
* Preferably Chartered Engineering status or equivalent
* Proven record of delivering Electrical or Electronics commodities, including quality, cost, function, weight and timing.
* Experience of delivering the following commodities: Parking Camera Systems and Park Distance Control Systems including Self Park features.
* Extensive knowledge of automotive development systems e.g. releasing, concerns, containments, gateways and sign off documentation.
* Experience of leading a cross functional team, including complex issue resolution.
* Supplier management experience
* Complete knowledge of Product Development cycle from concept to launch completion
* Excellent technical engineering background and a comprehensive knowledge of using calculation and analysis to drive design.
* Excellent knowledge of automotive quality tools and processes.
* Extensive knowledge of the manufacturing processes to create the components or systems.
* Experience of working with Design Studio personnel to support 'Leadership' Design attribute.
* Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels
* Confident presenter
* Microsoft project experience is desirable
* Excellent financial management skills
* Must be able to project manage and work collaboratively with a cross-functional team.
* Ability to interrogate and manage CAD tasks in conjunction with the CAD team.
* Ability to lead and inspire a team
* Able to communicate confidently and clearly
* Able to set and deliver targets
* Strategic thinking and decision making skills
* Resilient and driven to succeed; goal orientated
* Strong technical focus, high quality mindset.
* Ability to manage own time and prioritise accordingly
* Full driving license
* Travel may be required, UK & overseas.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.