Business Development Manager / Director
Business Development Director: £45-50k
**This role would suit someone in a similar role currently or a Business Development Manager looking for a step up with an award winning agency**
My client is a digital agency based in Essex with a new and exciting role for a Business Development Director. This is a brand new role and an excellent opportunity to shape the business development of the agency alongside the MD.
You will be responsible for generating new business opportunities resulting in revenue from new clients.
You should have experience identifying new leads that deliver new business opportunities in key sectors. You must research new leads thoroughly and be proactive in your approach.
You should have good communication skills, able to present where needed. You will work closely with other technical experts at the point of pitch and proposal.
You will be the representative on all group new business forums and reporting requirements and build effective relationships with the Group new business teams.
The ideal candidate will have an agency background and a proven track record in delivering new business leads which generate revenue for the organisation.
You will passionate about selling, entrepreneurial and innovative when identifying new leads. You must be driven, self-motivated and collaborative. A passion for digital innovation and new technologies is preferred.
Experience and knowledge
- Minimum of five years proven new business experience within a digital agency
- Proven experience of research and lead generation
- Proven experience of generating successful new business opportunities
- Proven experience in developing pitches and proposals
- Experience of current and emerging digital media technologies
- Be able to converse with digital clients/experts and can apply their digital knowledge to potential opportunities
- Capability to convincingly presenting digital proposals to digital clients.
- Proven experience of using social media as a new business tool
Additional skills / Nice to haves:
- Awareness of emerging technology such as VR/ AR
- Knowledge of omni-channel experiences
- Experience in presenting and selling CGI solutions
- Experience of digital solutions in the retail environment