Senior Textiles Designer – Next Home
Lead, direct and inspire the creation of Next Home’s beautiful textile design
Next is a FTSE-100 retail company that employs more than 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. From fashion and home furnishings to leading high street brands, we’re passionate about delivering beautiful, high-quality products our customers love. And with over 540 stores and online Next Directory service, we’re able to do just that, in over 70 countries around the world.
As Senior Textiles Designer for Next Home, you’ll take on a high-profile role in a Home Textiles business that handles a multi-million pound budget. Leading our fantastic design team in our head office, you’ll help to take the department to the next level – driving the launch of exceptional products, every six months. Whether it’s upholstery fabric, bedding or bathroom and kitchen textiles, you’ll inspire our creative talent and shape the development of each design with clear and compelling commercial purpose. It’s a challenging and highly active role with great responsibility. But it’s also a huge opportunity to really make your mark.
What you’ll do:
- Take responsibility for maximising and optimising trends across a range of departments
- Plan and implement the product strategy for all textile areas within Next Home
- Oversee every stage of the creative process, including naming products, pagination, presentation and packaging
- Promote a seasonally strategic and commercial focus throughout the design department
- Develop your designers and organise training and recruitment for your area
- Keep an eye on key trends and design detail based on insights into what will appeal to Next customers
- You’ll travel overseas, as our healthy travel budget enables our Designers to travel to places we think are cool, happening and inspirational in order to find great ideas and products.
We’re looking for a passionate and highly creative candidate with:
- Impressive design experience and a portfolio that showcases a real talent for home and textiles
- Strong conceptual thinking and fantastic research skills – helping us to identify the finishes, materials, motifs and trim we should pursue
- Confidence to drive the development of new opportunities
- Excellent presentation skills
- Natural leadership qualities – calm, organised and personable
- Management experience, with a flair for getting the best from people
- A commitment to keeping the highest standards of quality and finish
In addition to the great opportunities for growth and development that come with being part of a successful international business, we also offer a full range of brilliant benefits. These include a pension scheme, Sharesave scheme, private medical cover, life assurance, childcare vouchers, staff discount and on-site nursery to name but a few.