Midweight/Senior Designer - Data visualisation and creative development
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for DBG. We have joined forces with the brilliant Merkle and Dentsu, moved into incredible new-build premises and have attracted world-renowned experts to diversify our offering. Now, complementing a growing team of data, tech and web specialists, we are seeking a Middleweight/Senior Designer to showcase our work, proving our mantra that “data is beautiful”.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will be working with a diverse team to create a wealth of dynamic work - bringing all of our great work to life. From producing visual social media content to interactive dashboards and diagrams, no day is the same. You’ll be creating material for industry publications and events, emails, infographics and charts - and adding creative sauce to our most high profile presentations and pitches.
This means you’ll have a good sense of UX (from a design perspective), understand ‘how to tell a story in pictures’ and will wow us with impacting and thoughtful design. Working across digital and print, the role requires curiosity and inventiveness: you’ll be making connections that reduce complex narratives into compelling, logical – and beautiful – design. Ultimately, you will be interested in the power of data and technology in our fast-paced digital age.
Life as a Designer at Merkle | DBG
- With a successful year in launching a brand, website and social content for the first time, the business has a huge appetite for creative output so you will be an important part of our offering
- Opportunity to work on (and get your teeth into) our biggest clients and pitches. We work with NowTV, VW Group – and many more besides
- Work alongside inspiring external resource: in the last few months we’ve used freelance comic artists, illustrators and various design specialists for client work, pitches and marketing
- Attend industry events and training to develop your skills
- Career progression: we have re-launched our appraisal system to encourage continuous development
- Opportunity to rub minds with the best minds in the business – we pride ourselves on being approachable and collaborative
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle | DBG social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too…
- Unlimited free coffee and biscuits…a designer’s heaven!
- Free breakfast and fruit
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch on us once a month
- Company Pension and life insurance
- Option to buy additional holiday
- Significant discount on a selection of car brands
- Four thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
- Games room with pool table and table tennis
- In-house 150-seater HD cinema: monthly movie nights
- A selection of other industry-standard benefits
What we are looking for in you
- A creative thinker with proven experience in a similar role
- Digital and Print design – with particular skill in information design/infographics and the ability to ‘humanise’ and simplify the complex
- Able to interpret and untangle data (we are not seeking a data expert)
- Very strong on Adobe software
- Illustration skills preferable
- UX sensibilities: dashboards and diagrams need to be intuitive, elegant and useful
- Ability to multi-task across jobs
- Video editing skills a bonus
- Genuine interest in the power of data/technology and a curious mind
- Upbeat, proactive team player: positive and energetic approach with great communication
To apply for this position, please click the Apply button.