Design & Creative Lead
We design and build disruptive technology solutions that give entrepreneurs, businesses and brands an unfair advantage.
At NEVERBLAND we believe interaction, design and development are intertwined, they form the basis of the user experience. We match developers and designers to form creative teams, working together to create unique interfaces, products and experiences that are as functional as they are beautiful.
As the Design & Creative Lead of our small but talented design team, your days will be filled creating engaging interactive products and digital marketing campaigns. You’ll work alongside our management team to lead, inspire and grow the design function – driving the studio, providing guidance and mentorship where needed, and simultaneously managing relationships that deliver results.
You'll have the opportunity to work across a number of different products and varied client work. You should have an understanding of brand and business strategy, and have the ability to balance strategic requirements with inspirational work. Your curiosity will seek inspiration from your environment and others, and your enthusiasm will inspire us.
You should have an active interest in understanding the rapidly evolving world of web technologies and their applications, always striving to understand the possibilities new advances open up. You are excited by the future of the web and what possibilities lie ahead.
At NEVERBLAND we champion a culture that owns the why, thinks fast & ships smart. We understand how great design and UX, underpinned by forward thinking tech, delivers great products.
In addition to a winning attitude, an insatiable love of technology and desire to push the boundaries of what’s possible on the modern web, we’re looking for these key skills:
- Brilliant team leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent visual and user focused design skills with an eye for detail.
- Excellent understanding of designing for the web, mobile and other connected devices
- Expert in the use of in Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch etc.
- Ability to work within brand and design guidelines, whilst also considering unique interpretations.
- Experience in presenting design work to clients, partners and colleagues - from junior to c-level.
- You should be able to demonstrate and articulate workflows, wireframes, sitemaps, content audits, storyboards, and journey maps of all of your UX design work.
- Extensive experience designing the look & feel, delivering comps, prototypes, font and colour selection, and logo design.
- Excited by the new opportunities with typography, moving image, and adaptive/responsive layouts
- Experience providing guidance and mentorship to design team members.
- Build exciting websites, apps, and products, that people will use and love and learn first-hand about how to start, grow and market new startups and products.
- Killer setup - a mac and dual monitor setup should you wish.
- A "take what you need holiday" policy (although there are some guiding principles to make sure it works). We respect that people know how to do their job and take their responsibilities seriously but when you need a break you need a break.
- You’re free to work from home as and when you need as long as it doesn’t interfere with your role, projects or team.
- A fridge packed with free lunches, Hummingbird Bakery birthday cakes, monthly haircuts in the office, lots of beer, a generous L&D budget for conferences and meetups, some crazy parties and more fun than you can shake a USB stick at ;)
**Please note, we can only accept applications from candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK.**
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE.
To apply for this position, please click the Apply button.