£27,000 - £32,000 per annum
Full-time, 6 Month Contract with possibility of extension
Family is every child’s human right. Orphanages break families.
Across the globe, an estimated eight million children live in orphanages and other institutions. At least 80% are not orphans and have at least one living parent. Separated from families, they are deprived of the close, loving adult engagement a family provides; and are exposed to significant risk of abuse and neglect. These are some of the world’s most disadvantaged children.
At Lumos, an international organisation founded by J.K. Rowling, we work to reunite children with family members or find them a loving alternative. We work around the world to reform child care systems helping to keep families together.
It’s an exciting time to join Lumos. We are expanding globally and are looking for a talented junior designer to join Lumos’s growing Communications team. As we grow internationally, we need an enthusiastic designer to help us produce appealing and engaging content for a range of audiences.
We are a small and ambitious team looking for an individual laden with ideas, creativity and proactiveness. You will work closely with both the Publications Manager and the Creative Manager to produce materials for the UK and overseas. This role will report to the Publications Manager, who will be responsible for your day-to-day management.
You will bring ideas and be a self-starter, with a collaborative and positive approach, comfortable working with a range of stakeholders across the organisations. You will work closely with the Events, Training and International Expansion teams to produce packages of assets that they can use around the world.
You will have at least two years’ experience as a designer and will have solid experience of Adobe CC suite. You will be confident shaping and responding to a brief from a range of stakeholders and have excellent time management skills.
To be considered for this role please submit the following documents with your applications:
- a supporting statement highlighting how your skills and experience meet the person specification (two pages maximum)
- your CV, stating your current salary
- 3–4 examples of your design work or a link to your portfolio or website
- details of two referees, including a recent employer (to be consulted at the later stage of recruitment).
For further information about this role and how to apply, please visit our website www.wearelumos.org. If you have any further enquiries, please contact Nav Johal, HR Recruitment Advisor on +44 (0) 20 7253 6464.
Closing Date: 6th September 2018
Interviews: Week beginning 17th September 2018
With a view to minimising our administration costs, unfortunately we are only able to contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview.
- Lumos is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.
- Lumos is an equal opportunities employer.
- Lumos requests no agencies please.
All applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK.
More searches like this
- Advertising Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Contract jobs in London (Central)
- Branding Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Contract jobs in London (Central)
- Digital / Web Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Contract jobs in London (Central)
- Direct Marketing Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Contract jobs in London (Central)
- Editorial Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Contract jobs in London (Central)