Designer Global Brand (4 days/week)
Are you an experienced, creative Graphic Designer ready to take on your next challenging role? Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity in a Global organisation allowing you to strike the right work life balance by working part time (4 days per week)?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Designer Global Brand to join our team in our Head Office in Brentford 4 days a week. Reporting to the Global Brand Visual Identity Director, your role will be to support the development and implementation of a consistent global visual identity for GSK. You will help deliver an aligned look and feel across the organisation and a unified stronger visual identity for GSK.
• Working in a small team to help set the standard for creative, modern design that is aligned to GSK’s visual identity.
• Deliver projects from brief and concept through to delivery on time and on budget.
• Must be advanced user of Adobe Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and also Microsoft PowerPoint
• Support the broader Global Brand team and cross-functional teams as required helping deliver an aligned look and feel across GSK.
• Provide design and brand support for the Annual Report, CR Report and supporting documents, as required.
We want to help people do more, feel better and live longer in a way that is true to our values and expectations - and we will reward you for your efforts to help us get there.
Our rewards package includes:
• A competitive base salary
• An annual bonus based on company performance
• Access to healthcare and wellbeing programmes, pension plan membership, savings programmes, time off and childcare support
• Employee recognition programmes which reward exceptional achievements
We are passionate about what we do and have created an environment where everyone feels valued, is able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve. We want people who share our values and believe in our mission. Our investment in training, development and learning opportunities will empower you to be the best you can be, and we’ll make sure you have a stimulating and wide-ranging role that will enable you to develop your expertise.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 3rd June 2018
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
• Degree/HND in Graphic Design (or equivalent)
• Proven track record of managing design – end to end
• Experience working in an in house design group
• Experience of the brand management process, the role of visual identity plays and the implementation of a visual identity across a complex organisation.
• Understanding of design for print, web/social media
• Proven project management skills.
• Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
• Experience of managing, working within cross functional teams
• Experience of managing a network of agencies and external suppliers
• Expert users of Adobe Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft PowerPoint.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
To find out more about Working at GSK, click here.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.