Is this the best middleweight design job in Britain?
Spring is an ambitious, innovative strategic communications design agency in the beautiful, bright seaside town of Southwold, Suffolk. Spring’s work grows businesses and helps to regenerate communities, and our talented, close-knit team is driven by a clear ethos and common purpose.
We’re hard working and results-focused, and balance this with a healthy, friendly culture in our glorious seaside environment. Southwold's close to London, but closer to Amsterdam, and there’s a great way of life up here with our huge open skies, great food and drink, and beautiful coast and countryside.
Our work ranges from complete branding programmes for businesses and places, to engagement projects for utilities businesses, to digital design and implementation, and everything in between. Last year the designer you are replacing hand-illustrated wine labels for a brewery’s vintners, delivered a brand identity roll out for a cultural organisation, designed a brand identity for a risk management business, helped win a pitch for a national youth charity and created a water-based fairground, amongst a host of other projects.
We’re now looking for a middleweight designer who is ready to develop their existing skills by working autonomously and with senior creative staff on a range of projects. You will be a creative designer, with a broad set of design skills, capable of taking projects from conception through to delivery. You should be a self-driven individual with enthusiasm, loads of ideas and an undeniable drive to deliver work at the highest of standards. You will be a key member of the studio team, reporting in to the Head of Creative.
£25,000 - £28,000 based on experience
If relocation is necessary we can advise on housing, schools etc
Click the Apply button to apply for this role.
An experienced knowledge of the following tools is required:
Any additional software skills (video and animation for example) are great but not essential.
- Producing attractive and effective designs for all media whether that be print or digital
- Communicating with team members to receive feedback
- Liaising effectively with clients and other team members
- Offering input to creative meetings and sharing ideas
- Supporting the team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects and looking to lead your own
- Excellent time management and delivery focus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adeptness with leading design software packages
- A determination to achieve and succeed
- The ability to meet deadlines in a high pressure environment
- The ability to see projects through from inception to production
- Consistency regardless of project size
- Strategic thinking
- Good organisational skills that support the rest of the team
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
- Friday personal training sessions
- Cultural Expansion Grants
- Regular training programme
- Ongoing career mentoring
- Bonus scheme