ASK Italian is on a mission to champion the Italian joy in eating. We do this by serving distinctive and memorable Italian food put together in dishes that demand attention, and by creating the perfect atmosphere in our timeless Italian designed restaurants.
Joining ASK Italian as our Interior Designer you will be based in our gorgeous Head office in Edgware Road, London and will be responsible for creating design concepts and plans through to project completion for the ASK Italian restaurant refurbishment program. The role supports the ASK Design Managers and is a creative technical support role within the ASK Italian Design team.
What we will ASK of you:
- You will be attending refurbishment site briefings, prestart meetings and other meetings in the wider project team.
- Creating full concept and drawing packages for restaurant refurbishment project including visuals, sample boards, concept boards, GA, RCP, internal elevations, construction details and furniture and finishes schedules ready for internal approval, tender and construction.
- Ensuring all ASK Italian brand design elements are included in each project as required.
- Liaising with local authorities, landlords and the Azzurri property team to gain approvals for works.
- Following and maintaining consistent drawing standards, project files and naming conventions already established within the design team infrastructure.
- Working with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Researching new suppliers, materials and finishes.
What we look for:
- You must have 3 to 4 years’ experience of food and beverage or retail interior design.
- In depth knowledge of materials, furniture, lighting and electrical specifications and design.
- Experience of space planning for restaurants.
- A good understanding of relevant building regulations is preferred.
- You must be able to show examples of own design for bespoke joinery elements, from concept through to construction based drawings.
- Have experience of hand drawn or sketchup of 3D visualised designs and interiors.
What you’ll have:
- Strong working knowledge and experience of using various design software packages and the Adobe creative suite.
- Vectorworks is a must.
- Interior design or interior architecture degree essential.
- You must able to interpret, communicate and deliver ASK Italian’s brand vision and to support the design process.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills. Able to liaise with contractors, architects and suppliers with confidence, consideration and collaboration.
What you’ll get:
- 10% bonus potential
- 25 days holiday
- 50% discount in ASK Italian and Zizzi
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Generous Pension
We would ask that candidates also attach copies of their work/portfolio for review.