Senior Designer- 6 month maternity cover
6 month maternity cover
4 Berry Street
WHO WE ARE
four23 is an innovative, independent creative studio, led by CEO Warren Bramley, delivering multi- disciplinary projects across the globe. We are structured around six core crafts – DESIGN, MOVING IMAGE, CODE, COPY, SPACIAL DESIGN and LIVE. See four23.net for a full overview.
Visit – http://www.four23.net/broadcast – to see some of our most recent projects including a block party hosted with Kendrick Lamar, a 360 film shot in the Maré favela of Rio de Janerio, an art installation at Design Junction as part of London Design Festival, a skate park and gallery created in Los Angeles with Eric Kostyn, animations with Damon Albarn for Médecins Sans Frontières and art direction for Team GB with Stella McCartney.
A technically excellent graphic designer who must have previous experience in retail and experiential design, with a minimum of 5 years experience.
- You will have exceptional technical knowledge in the Adobe Creative Suite.
- You’ll be an expert in taking a concept and rolling it out for retail and experiential projects.
- You’ll be able to artwork to a professional level.
- You’ll have expert knowledge of print processes, both large and small format.
- You will have previous experience working with production suppliers and overseeing on-site installations.
- You will have experience in executing and policing brand guidelines.
- You’ll be confident and articulate and be able to present your ideas clearly.
- You’ll be organised, remain calm under pressure and be able to manage your own time.
- You are able to work on multiple streams of work at once, to produce consistently high level work, even to tight deadlines.
- You will have an ambition to learn, relish a creative challenge and are eager to be a part of a very talented team.
- You will tackle a broad variety of projects from print, to event branding, to floorplans, to retail briefs.
- You will work within the studio design team to provide skilled and technically accurate input and support on all aspects of design and artwork production.
- You will be required to work across multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring the highest standard of delivery at every stage of the process.
- This is a key role in our studio and we are looking for someone with proven experience who will be able to join our studio and get the job done.
- You will be able to liaise with the production teams and contractors to ensure our creative ideas are being executed to a consistent, exceptional standard.
- You will work alongside our Project Management team to ensure projects are realised and delivered to the highest standard.
- You’ll be expected to provide valuable input internally to maintain and improve the output of the design department.
WHAT WE OFFER
- We take seriously personal growth and development. All team members have regular access to our CEO, mentorship from our leadership team, and are provided with opportunities for education and learning.
- We work globally – recently our teams have worked in LA, New York, Zurich, Paris, Berlin and Barcelona.
- We have a strong culture at four23 – monthly breakfasts, regular team days, competitive salaries, weekly fruit and flower delivery, contributory pension schemes, team trips and adventures, self-initiated projects as a team, bike purchasing scheme, charitable projects, everyone has a book budget, a detailed induction process, and we are all encouraged to visits talks, conferences, workshops and basically learn and grow.
- We have an internal structure ensuring everyone has a direct contact and line of communication. No one is ever left floating.
- It’s a multinational, multi-lingual team within the studio and it’s close knit, super talented and friendly.
- And what surprises most people is how open four23 is. It’s a transparent company and we have regular full team days where everything is discussed.
- And finally our studio has been specially designed by our Spacial Design Director, Harriet Paterson. It’s a beautiful flexible space where we gather as a team, spread out alone, hold exhibitions, talks, screenings and, most importantly, be creative. Have a look around the space here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/studiofour23/albums/72157668385568776
Minimum 5 years Design experience.
Please click the Apply button to email a CV and 500 words explaining why ‘you and us’.
Please include the words Senior Designer in the subject line and note where you saw the job advertised.
To start early January 2018 for a 1 year maternity cover contract, with the opportunity for the role to extend.
HOURS OF WORK
9.30am to 6pm 5 days a week
Sometimes a project will demand that we work beyond those times and occasionally weekends.
Those times are given back in lieu and we also provide refresh days that are taken after a major deadline or event. Those days are taken immediately and do not count as holiday.
25 days per annum.
We close for Christmas and New Year.
And if you want to take all the holidays in one lump to have an adventure
– feel free (after being here beyond 1 year).
Please indicate your salary expectations in your application.
We provide competitive salaries plus an above statutory pension scheme for
everyone from day one.
4.23pm, Wednesday 22nd November
Please take some time to explore the four23 website:
Our Case Studies on projects with Kendrick Lamar, Originals, In Residence LA, Kevin Spacey and the London Marathon are here:
Our unique compartment structure can be found here:
Our annual exhibition series can be viewed here:
Take a look behind the scenes on our Flickr channel:
Or see four23’s travels on Instagram: