Creative Designer (Brand and Production Officer)
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
We are looking for a skilled creative designer fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, experienced at producing a broad range of design work for print and digital, and in designing infographics. As VSO's sole designer and production officer you will be responsible for producing all creative work for the organisation, managing projects from concept to completion, managing your own workflow, scheduling jobs and commissioning freelancers where appropriate. You will also be responsible for managing, guarding and developing our newly refreshed visual brand identity. The ideal candidate will have experience designing for a non-profit organisation, have strong project management skills and excellent communication skills, attention to detail and creative initiative.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Experienced graphic designer skilled at all Adobe design packages, including creative suite, Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Formal design qualification, (HND/degree)
- Substantial experience of developing a broad range of creative materials across a range of both print and digital channels, ideally in a non-profit organisation
- Experience at developing and interpreting creative briefs from a wide range of stakeholders, including those who are not from a creative background
- Strong project management skills, including scheduling and managing multiple projects with competing priorities and working to tight deadlines
- Experience at managing and developing brands, and ensuring strong brand guardianship
- Experience of commissioning work to suppliers, freelancers and printers
- Sound knowledge of print and production techniques
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
How to apply
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position, so please ensure you have the right to work in the UK before you apply.
If you're interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on 'Make an application' and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.