Our client is one of London's leading brand activation agencies, their home is set within an amazing building in the heart of Shoreditch. They now have an opening for an enthusiastic junior to midweight designer.
1 What's my role?
As a Designer it's your role to call upon your training, work experience and passion to produce consistently excellent creative work for the agency. You'll work on a range of things across a number of media, sometimes coming up with design from scratch, sometimes helping more senior members of the team develop their concepts and designs. There'll be times you'll be working straight to Mac and other times when we want to see scamps of your ideas first. You'll have the experience and self-assurance to articulate and discuss your designs with colleagues across the agency. By now in your career you have developed a confident eye and creative flair. You have come to understand the nature and demands of deadline driven work and have the flexibility and maturity to work as and when needs be. You will keep an eye on broader developments in the design industry, bringing your passion and knowledge to bear at every stage of your work. You should be obsessive about great design and excellent ideas, whatever their form, and aspire to produce the level of work that is recognised as being great both by our clients and by the world at large. In return for your hard work and dedication, we'll give you the support and training you need to continue progressing your career, as well as access to some of the most talented people in the business.
2 Key Responsibilities
2.1 Produce outstanding design work
* Original, clear, effective scamps in response to design briefs
* Mac visuals in response to design briefs, direction from more senior creatives or progressing scamps
* Flexibility to design across a range of different media
* Value-added contributions to work you are creating and delivering
* You should be happy taking direction from more senior creatives and keen to learn the insights they have.
2.2 Working with other creatives
* Be able to work in teams with Art Directors, Copywriters and other designers produce outstanding creative concepts
* Be able to take direction from senior creatives and provide a revised solution in a timely fashion
2.3 New Business
New business is the lifeblood of any agency, and you as a Designer should be keen to get involved. New business can be an all-hands-to-the-pumps exercise within BD, and you should be eager to be part of the process in whatever way supports the agency.
2.3 Be enthusiastic, positive and engaged
You'll be keen to learn and grow by observing and working with any number of the creative team. It is imperative that you come to work with a curious and open mind, as well as a strong desire to use your time here making your own creative mark in the industry. It also helps if you are unflappable under pressure!
3 What background and skills do I need?
* A tertiary level education in design and core design principles.
* A minimum of 4 years experience as a designer.
* An impressive book that demonstrates your range, creativity and original thought.
* Meticulous attention to detail.
* Commitment to succeeding.
* An excellent ability in Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator (on the Mac of course!)
4 What type of person should I be?
* Keen to progress.
* A team player.
* Have a love of your craft.
* Want to grow and develop moving forward.
* Confident, but not arrogant: there's no room for prima donnas in BD!
* Humble and dead keen to keep learning and developing your craft.
5 The Rewards
In return for your hard work, dedication and loyalty, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package. You'll receive 20 days standard holiday, and in addition you'll receive your birthday day off and the time between Christmas and New Year. You're entitled to free eye tests, life assurance, childcare vouchers and may qualify for our Cycle to Work scheme. Fresh fruit and breakfast are provided daily. Training and development, where appropriate, will also be provided.